Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pumpkin pudding & homemade gingersnaps


My friend Jennifer introduced me to this Rachel Ray pumpkin pudding. The pudding has a mousse-like c0nsistency. I love to make homemade gingersnaps and dip them in the pudding. I would have this over pumpkin pie anyday. This is one of my top five desserts!
1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp ground cloves
1 5.1 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
3 c. heavy cream

In a mixing bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin, spices, pudding and a splash of water (about 1/4 c.) Mix everything together until smooth, about 2 minutes. In a separate bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form, gently fold into pudding mixture. Chill

Gingersnaps:I love gingersnaps...unfortunately my kids aren't big fans, so we make them once a year at Christmas. We love to dip half of the cookie in white chocolate, of course our other favorite way to eat these yummy cookies is to dip them in the pumpkin pudding. This recipe makes a lot!
2 c. margarine or butter
3c. sugar
3/4 c. molasses
3 eggs
cream: then add
6 c. flour
6 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ginger
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves

Mix well, roll into balls and roll in granulated white sugar . Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment