Thursday, September 30, 2010

Beef and Bean chimi's


This recipe comes from one of my favorite cooking blogs, "for the love of cooking." I made it last night and it was a huge hit. I did cook mine a little differently, but I think either way they would be great.
1 lb. lean ground beef
1//2. sweet onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. paprika
1tsp. chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
salt/pepper
1 can of chili beans (I did not drain)

Cook ground beef and onion until thoroughly cooked, add garlic and spices, and cook 4-5 more minutes. Add the can of chili beans and let simmer for a few minutes.
Layer tortilla with beef mixture and cheese. Place seam side down in a the hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. (I did it a little differently, I sprayed a 9x13 with cooking spray. I also lightly sprayed the top of the tortillas and broiled them on low for a few minutes. Watch closely, you don't want to burn them. You just want a nice crispy outside shell. I served these with sour cream and salsa. So good!

1 comment: