Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cinnamon sugar muffins

I haven't made these muffins in ages, but I had a hankering for some, so I whipped some up. I had forgotten how yummy these are! I've heard these called several different names, french muffins, doughnut muffins...but growing up they were simply, cinnamon sugar muffins (cause that's what they are!)

3 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tbs + 1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2/ tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmet
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 c. milk
1/3 c. heavy cream (you could substitute milk for this)

For topping:
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 c. sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Use muffins cups or not...however you like to serve your muffins. :) Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs until mixed thoroughly. In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmet. In another bowl Combine the vanilla, milk and cream. (The recipe has you mix in a little of the flour mixture, a little of the milk mixture...and keep alternating. To be honest I cream the butter and sugars/eggs and then mix in the rest) Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for 23 minutes. To finish, dip muffin in melted butter, then dip in cinnamon and sugar mixture.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Divas,

    I just discovered your yummy food blog. How could I not know about this earlier?! I am going to whip up some of these tasty sounding recipes this week. Okay, who thought to put Lindor truffles in a cupcake? Genius. Thanks for the new inspirations!
    Love, Natalie Williams

    ReplyDelete