Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cinnamon roasted almonds

I've been having some "tummy" trouble lately and in an effort to figure out the cause, I decided to cut out gluten products for a while. (luckily not the issue) During that time I was searching for a snack that would fill me up, but was gluten free. These almonds are now my new addiction. I love them and they are so easy. I found this recipe on "for the love of cooking."
1 lb unsalted almonds
1 egg white
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
preheat oven to 275. Line baking sheet with a silpat mat. Whisk the egg white and vaniklla until nice and foamy. Add the almonds and toss. In a separate bowl mix together sugars, cinnamon and salt. Pour sugar mixture onto the almonds and toss to coat evenly. Pour onto the baking sheet, spread evenly and place in oven. Roast for 20 minutes, then "stir" or mix the almonds and roast for another 20 minutes. Let them cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment