Thursday, February 3, 2011

Crab fondue-so yummy!

I'm not a huge seafood fan, but I had this fondue at a bookclub years ago and it was so good I could have eaten the whole pot myself.. I got the recipe from my friend Trish and made it again for a family get-together. It was as good as I remembered! My favorite thing to eat it with is chunks of bread. Just make sure you don't use wimpy, fall apart bread. You'll need some crusty bread (french bread would work just fine). It is not low calorie, which is why I decided NOT to scarf down the whole pot myself!
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4c. minced shallots
2 c. heavy cream
8 oz. brie, rind removed
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 lb lump crab meat (I used 8oz because that's all I had, it was still great)
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
in a saucepan, Cook shallots in butter until softened. Add cream, brie, salt and pepper. When brie is melted add in crab meat and parsley, cook for a few minutes and then transfer to fondue pot. I was worried when the fondue seemed a bit thin when I poured it into the fondue pot, but it thickened up after about 30 minutes...so maybe plan ahead so you have a few extra minutes to let it thicken?

No comments:

Post a Comment