Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lindt truffle chocolate cupcakes

I found this recipe on "the sister's cafe" blog, one of my favorite cooking blogs. She raved about these cupcakes and she was right, they are amazing. So amazing that I finally started asking my children TO eat them so that I wouldn't. Imagine "Claire, will you please eat a cupcake for mommy?" I'm sure they thought I was crazy! I will not be making these again unless we have company over...it's just too dangerous. I did make some changes that I will note, but either way i'm sure they are amazing.
1 box devils food cake (I just used milk chocolate)
1 box instant vanilla pudding (small box..I didn't have vanilla, so used chocolate)
4 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1/2c. water
1 c. sour cream
milk chocolate lindor truffles by Lindt (appx. 24)
Unwrap truffles and set aside. In bowl add all other ingredients and mix well. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake at 350. After 5 minutes, lightly press a lindt truffle into each partially baked cupcake. let the cupcakes bake an additional 13 minutes (total of 18 minutes) Cool completely, then frost. (I only had 8 truffles left in the cupboard, so the other cupcakes had chocolate chips mixed in, my picture above is a chocolate chip cupcake)
Cream cheese Frosting
1/2 c. butter
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 c. powdered sugar

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I just made these and ate four. I'll never make a regular old cupcake again. Deena, you're the devil.

    ReplyDelete