Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bread Bowls

Delina's Bread....Bowl style
So, this was totally an experiment-- Delina said we could be creative with the shape of the bread right? So while making soup on Wednesday, I wondered if the recipe would work if I tried to make a bread bowl...here is the pic of the bread while rising



And here is the DELICIOUS final product!! It was SO yummy! and my kids thought I was the coolest because I served them soup in a bowl made of bread! For two or three minutes I was an awesome mom- and then I asked Addison to clear the table and I lost THAT status!





Broccoli Cheese Soup
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup flour
4-6 cups milk (depending on how thick you like it)
2-3 cups cheese (depending on how cheesey you like it)
1 head broccoli
2 Chicken Breasts
salt and pepper to taste

Bake Chicken and cube. Stem and steam broccoli, cut into small pieces. Melt butter and whisk in flour, add milk and cheese. Cook on low until cheese is melted. Add broccoli and chicken. Cook on low for at least 10 minutes.

1 comment: