Saturday, October 17, 2009

Emeril's Chicken Marsala

I've been meaning to post this recipe after I made it a few weeks ago and have finally gotten around to it. I'm a huge chicken marsala fan and this is by far the best recipe that i've tried. I think the addition of the spices in the dish make it amazing.
1/2 c. flour
1 tbsp essence, recipe follows:
2 1/2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp cayenne
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried thyme
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp butter
3 c. sliced mushrooms (cremini, oyster, shiitake)
3/4 c. marsala (found with vinegars/cooking wines)
1 c. chicken stock
salt/pepper
chopped chives for garnish
Directions: In a bowl combine the flour and essence, combine. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, remove excess flour. Heat the oil in a large skillet until very hot, add 1 tbsp butter. Cook chicken on both sides until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add 1 tbsp of remaining butter and add mushrooms. Saute. Add the marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping bottom of pan to remove any browned bits. When the wine has been reduced by half, add chicken stock and cook until sauce is slightly thickened. Add chicken back to pan. I also added a little cream to my sauce. My only complaint was that I let it simmer a little too long and there wasn't quite enough "sauce" but honestly it was heavenly! My mouth is watering now just thinking about it. Serve over rice or pasta.

1 comment:

  1. Finally made it this week. Super yummy!!! I felt a little devilish buying my Marsala Cooking Wine, though. Now it is hidden in my cupboard so I don't have to do any explaining to the kids.

    ReplyDelete